Thursday, February 24, 2011

So I was wrong about Costco and right about Trader (Traitor) Joe's:

I was surprised to read an article this week about Costco making favorable changes. Greenpeace has been waging a seafood campaign against them and finally won. Pretty exciting considering Costco is one of the biggest seafood distributors and buyers in the country. On the list of foods they've stopped carrying: orange roughy, Chilean sea bass, shark, Atlantic halibut, Atlantic cod, Greenland halibut, grouper, monkfish, red fish, skates and rays, swordfish, and bluefin tuna.
It's nice to see a little bit of change on the corporate level. 
Also I found an awesome site relating to Trader Joe's seafood practices and the red list seafood items that they carry:
http://www.traitorjoe.com/products.htm


So make sure to check that out.


and I'm sorry but "even Anthony Bourdain says we should eat less meat" won't make me click on your PETA propaganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment